What Do You Guys Do?
At CrossFit Wolverines we help to improve your health, strength and fitness in order for you to live a healthy live full of energy and vitality. We also kinda help people get HOT. Our training specializes in adding lean muscle and melting body fat. At CrossFit Wolverines you will gain strength, improve your conditioning and cardiovascular health, drop weight, drop body fat and gain lean muscle.
Why Should I Train at CrossFit Wolverines
Because we’re awesome! Seriously…. We are. We offer…
- Small Groups – You are NOT just a face in a crowd when you train at our gym. Our groups are small which leads to a better team environment and higher quality training
- Great People – Negative people simply don’t last in our gym. We only have and allow friendly, outgoing and positive people to fill our ranks.
- Cool Gym – Yes. It matters. Our gym is clean and comes equipped with Heat and A/C.
- Friendly Staff and Environment – We train hard, watch out for each other and have a good time all while getting great results.
- Safe Training – Our training focuses on the fundamentals with a 100% commitment to safety. We do not engage in any high risk exercises or workouts.
- Results! – We have helped people shed tons of weight and body fat all while building up lean muscle and gains in strength. We specialize in fat loss and lean muscle gain and our members get measurable results. Period.
What Can I Expect When I Come In?
First and above all else. You can expect to walk into a clean facility that is made up of friendly people who are all training together while following a safe and effective training program.
Our training lasts 1 full hour and consists of:
- Mobility drill warm ups designed to warm the body, increase mobility and prep the body for the movement patterns that will follow in the workout.
- Strength training… and lots of it. We follow a beginner and intermediate strength training program in all of our classes.
- Conditioning aka Cardio aka the WOD. Our training utilizes a number of implements all combined into short, intense, fun and challenging fat blasting workouts
- Flexibility. We always close the training out with 5+ minutes (time permitting) of focusing on increasing flexibility.
Is Your Training for Me?
Absolutely! Are you interested in fat loss, gaining lean muscle, getting in shape, being healthy and gaining strength? Yes? Then CrossFit Wolverines is YOUR gym.
I Have Been a Couch Potato for 10 Years and I’m Nervous. Could I Make it in Your Class?
Yes. The majority of our members all came to CFW as complete beginners. We are extremely effective when it comes to bringing in beginners from the ground up. In fact, it’s kind of a specialty of ours. We are very skilled in taking complete beginners and getting them trained up quickly.
Who Do You Train?
We train anyone that wants to grab a one way ticket to Sexy Town. The majority of our members are local men and women that come in all colors, shapes, sizes and ages. We train anyone that is looking to gain strength, improve their conditioning and live a higher quality of life. Some of our members need the training to prepare them to enter a ring or chase down and apprehend a bad guy and some just need to drop some weight and get in shape. Our program is comprehensive and applicable to all.
How is That Possible?
Scaling, intelligent program design and the ability to quickly implement changes when needed. We train you in what everyone needs which is strength and conditioning. Our training is simple and effective. MMA fighters need strength and improved conditioning. Police officers need strength and improved conditioning. Middle aged single moms need strength and improved conditioning. We simply scale the weight up or down, substitute various exercises and/or tools if needed and make the training work for you.
Who Should Train Here?
Anyone who is positive, motivated and wants to train for optimal fat loss, strength and fitness while building and living a healthy life. Moms, dads, college students, office workers ete… In other words… YOU.
I’m Getting Ready to/want to Compete in a CF Event or the Games etc.
If you are looking to switch up your training, add in a strength cycle and hit some different style WODs then we would love to talk to you. Other than that you would need to find a CF gym that specializes more in Games style programming and Olympic lifting.
Who Should Not Train Here?
Anyone who is negative, unmotivated, likes to whine and/or complain and has no desire to work hard, set and achieve goals and build a high quality life. We work hard and have fun in our gym and there is absolutely no room at our facility for anything other than good, positive people.
There Are Other CrossFit Gyms in the Area. Why Should I Pick CrossFit Wolverines?
Great question! Every CrossFit gym is different as we are affliates and not franchises. This means that every CrossFit facility can do as they please and focus their training as they please. At CrossFit Wolverines we focus on…
- Solid and fundamental strength training and safe conditioning (cardio). Our training produces enhanced mobility, flexibility, strength and cardiovascular conditioning as well as lean muscle and fat loss.
- High quality and safe training. Our classes are small which helps to ensure high quality training. And, our training is focused on the fundamentals and on performing them safely. We simply do not engage in high risk exercise or overly comptetative training. We have fun, get in shape and get results.
- Results. Our training works and it works well. We drop body fat, build lean muscle, gain strength and get in great shape. If you are willing to put in the work then you can have these results as well. We also offer multiple nutrition plans with our training in order to help you reach your goals more quickly and efficiently.
- Did I mention strength training? At CrossFit Wolverines you WILL gain strength and you will probably become the strongest version of yourself that you have ever been in your life. Our training is based not only on the CrossFit training methodology, but also on the teaching, training and programming from the best in the Strength & Conditioning field. We follow and implement the work of Mark Rippetoe, Eric Cressey, Zach Even Esh, Diesel Strength & Conditioning, Tony Gentilcore, CrossFit Football, Jim Wendler, Joe DeFranco and many others. If you don’t know who they are, don’t worry about it. Just know that they are some of the best and most experienced trainers and coaches in the world and we liberally “borrow” from them for our own programming. At CrossFit Wolverines we don’t try and re-invent the wheel. We focus on what works to get our members the best results possible in the shortest amount of time possible without injury.
I Saw a Video and it Looked Dangerous/Scary. Is That What You Do?
No. No it’s not. What you more than likely saw was something being done irresponsibly and horribly wrong. We train safely at all times and we focus on mastering the basics. Our program focuses 100% on the fundamentals and 0% on anything that could be considered high risk. Our facility exists to make you healthier and stronger and that is exactly what we do.
If you are ready to train, gain strength, get in amazing shape, live a healthier life and look better naked then you have come to the right place. We train for health, strength, fitness and results and we would love the opportunity to work with you and have you on our team. Please contact us if you have any questions or if you would like to set up a time to come by the gym and start your free trial.